Sometimes a sweet lullaby may not be enough to get your baby to sleep in a cot at night. This is because babies have trouble detaching from their parents. Therefore, it can sometimes be a Herculean task to get your baby to sleep in a cot all by himself. Does this picture sound familiar to you? If yes, then know that you are not the only parent dealing things like this right now. Parents of all ages deal with similar problems. Do not worry as we have a guided post on baby sleeping in the cot for you here. Down are Super tips you Can Teach Your Baby To Sleep In A Cot, Let’s have a look.
4 Ways On How To Put A Baby To Sl
4 Ways On How To Put A Baby To Sleep in the cot :
Although it may be difficult, it is not impossible to train your baby to enjoy the benefits of sleeping in his own room. Super tips you Can Teach Your Baby To Sleep In A Cot.
1. The Routine:
Before you actually move him into his own room, there are some routines that you should introduce. This will make the transition as seamless as possible:
- A routine will ensure that your baby knows exactly when it is time for bed no matter where he sleeps.
- The routine can be altered as and when required to suit your baby’s needs.
- You will need to establish the routine of getting your baby to sleep in his cot every night. It is important to maintain it. Sticking to this practice will also give your baby a chance to adjust to the same. Skipping a few nights will definitely not help.
- True there are no established signals to let your baby know when it is bedtime. However, you can do small things which give the cue that it is time to go to sleep in the cot.
2. Snack Time:
One of the other ways on how to get baby to sleep in a cot is by including a small snack before he goes to bed. This will ensure that he does not wake up in the middle of the night because of hunger.
- Formula or breast milk is one of the best bedtime snacks as it is wholesome and nutritious.
- If your baby is a little older you can always include 1 or 2 teaspoons of cereal in your baby’s diet. This is to keep him full for the night.
- Ensure that your baby is not stuffed before he goes to sleep. This is to avoid causing any discomfort to him at night.
You could always have a sleepover in your baby’s room in order for him to get used to the environment. Here are some Super tips you Can Teach Your Baby To Sleep In A Cot to make the sleepover fun:
- Play a few games just before bedtime in the room.
- Enjoy a light snack with your baby before going to sleep at night.
- Sleep on a mattress just below his cot to make him feel safe and secure.
4. In Stages:
Don’t expect your baby to adjust to a new sleeping arrangement immediately. To make it easy for your little one, you will have to make this transition in small installments. Here is how you can go about it:
- Let your baby sleep in the cot for a few days until he gets used to the idea.
- You should sleep in his room for a few nights till he feels secure enough to sleep on his own.
- Stop staying over in his room after a few days once he is accustomed to the room environment.
Getting your baby to sleep in his own cot can be quite a challenge initially. You need to stick to a set plan to ensure that he or she eases into the new arrangement. Do all that you can to ensure the transition from your bed to his cot is smooth. The key is to remain calm and patient because it could take some time. Let us know how you fared in trying to get your baby to sleep in his own cot at night.
Read This Article (Super Tips As your baby grows)